There are 150 users in the forums

Week 3 @ Denver Broncos Coaches Film analysis thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's not the game we wanted. It's not the game we deserved, but it's the game we got

Can't break down anything other than what happened.

This and the fallout afterward has really reminded me of last years Colts game. Everyone wanted everyone gone after that game and we were 3-5 and the season seemed lost.

There's a lot not going right. It's easy to grab the low hanging fruit of Garoppolo's play, but it goes beyond that. He played bad, Kyle had some bad calls, other guys had bad plays. We stacked bad on bad all night long.

[ Edited by jonnydel on Sep 27, 2022 at 7:28 PM ]
O line was trash.

But top to bottom the whole team sucked. These guys needed to play in preseason.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Sep 27, 2022 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
O line was trash.

But top to bottom the whole team sucked. These guys needed to play in preseason.

Needed pre-season, Needed the QB who's playing now to have any kind of off-season, need time to gel with the last minute pivot. Jimmy needs to not make bad plays worse. There's lack of trust there between he and Kyle.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
O line was trash.

Needed pre-season, Needed the QB who's playing now to have any kind of off-season, need time to gel with the last minute pivot. Jimmy needs to not make bad plays worse. There's lack of trust there between he and Kyle.
Jimmy needs to shut up and step up for once
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
O line was trash.

Jimmy needs to shut up and step up for once

Solid analysis
Jimmy mechanics on the missed 3rd down and pick are terrible. O line mistakes or not you won't be completing balls throwing like that across your body.
O line was trash.

Why did we need Jimmy to have any kind of offseason? We moved on from that dude. Trey got hurt and we should actually be playing with one of the other backups. Only playing Jimmy because the rest of the league saw him as garbage and didn't want him. Who foresaw the injury? Sorry if you thought getting Trey was a mistake, but it's the move the team made. Deal with it.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Sep 27, 2022 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
O line was trash.

Why did we need Jimmy to have any kind of offseason? We moved on from that dude. Trey got hurt and we should actually be playing with one of the other backups. Sorry if you thought getting Trey was a mistake, but it's the move the team made. Deal with it.

Weird reply considering I have never said getting Trey was a mistake. I'm pretty sure you're reading something in to that.
My point is that the situation is what it is. It would've been good if the QB we have playing could've done that, but he didn't and so here we are. I don't have to deal with anything. Go take that energy somewhere else, smdh.
O line was trash.

Why did we need Jimmy to have any kind of offseason? We moved on from that dude. Trey got hurt and we should actually be playing with one of the other backups. Sorry if you thought getting Trey was a mistake, but it's the move the team made. Deal with it.

Weird reply considering I have never said getting Trey was a mistake. I'm pretty sure you're reading something in to that.
My point is that the situation is what it is. It would've been good if the QB we have playing could've done that, but he didn't and so here we are. I don't have to deal with anything. Go take that energy somewhere else, smdh.

You said we needed him to have an offseason, even though we had clearly moved on from him.

Well Trey was gonna be the starter and Jimmy didn't start throwing till late July. He probably doesn't play in the first preseason game so is the suggestion that 2 preseason games with the backup offensive players would've had him in sync with the starters?
O line was trash.

You said we needed him to have an offseason, even though we had clearly moved on from him.

Again, you'll have to explain where that means I don't want Trey? You may see this as you have to either like Trey or like Jimmy and you can't do both. But I don't.
I'm saying Jimmy needed an off-season because, well, QB's generally do better when they have an off-season.....didn't think that was some sort of shocking insight.

I know we weren't planning on having him. We weren't planning on Trey getting hurt. So, here we are. Whether we should've included Jimmy in TC is a different issue altogether. Saying that Jimmy needed an off-season to be well prepared as a starter this season is separate from that issue. It's stating a fact, not an opinion of what should or shouldn't have happened. It's stating what is.
If Jimmy needs to learn the playbook again every offseason, after being in the system for 6 years, how long is he actually capable of retaining information for? Is he working with the memory of a goldfish?
If Jimmy needs to learn the playbook again every offseason, after being in the system for 6 years, how long is he actually capable of retaining information for? Is he working with the memory of a goldfish?

I guess Aaron Rodgers is a fool for going through OTA's, mini camps and TC every year. This whole time, I thought it was beneficial for quarterbacks to get practice time in the off-season. Silly me.
O line was trash.

Again, you'll have to explain where that means I don't want Trey? You may see this as you have to either like Trey or like Jimmy and you can't do both. But I don't.
I'm saying Jimmy needed an off-season because, well, QB's generally do better when they have an off-season.....didn't think that was some sort of shocking insight.

I know we weren't planning on having him. We weren't planning on Trey getting hurt. So, here we are. Whether we should've included Jimmy in TC is a different issue altogether. Saying that Jimmy needed an off-season to be well prepared as a starter this season is separate from that issue. It's stating a fact, not an opinion of what should or shouldn't have happened. It's stating what is.

Maybe I did, if so I apologize. You said we needed him to have an offseason with us, yet he wasn't in our plans. Why would he have an offseason with a team that had no intention of keeping him?
Share 49ersWebzone